The move to branded FCS plugs comes after the arrival of many non-genuine, inferior imitation plugs that have recently flooded the board manufacturing sector. Manufacturers, retailers and consumers will now be able to easily identify genuine FCS plugs when installed in a surfboard.
While the design and geometry of the FCS X-2 and FCS Fusion plugs remains unchanged, the new branded plugs are aesthetically different and feature an easily identifiable FCS logo on the top face of the plugs.
Many of the FCS team riders such as Kelly Slater, Mick Fanning, Adriano De Souza and Julian Wilson are championing the new genuine FCS plugs. At the same time they are driving home the importance of riding high quality, reliable equipment.
The FCS dual plug system is the most widely used, and the most successful system in the world. 35 ASP World Titles have been won by surfers riding FCS.
When asked why he continued to use the FCS system Slater remarked, “FCS has done the most testing, has the best fins, and I trust the system completely… that’s why I use it”
FCS X-2 FACTS
- The most widely used fin system in the world
- The strongest post-glass system on the market
- The lightest installed system on the market
- Small individual footprint doesn’t compromise rocker or tail flex
- Compatible with all bottom contours
FCS FUSION FACTS
- Can be used in Epoxy/EPS and Poly/PU construction
- The strongest and lightest pre-glass system on the market
- Shorter footprint than other pre-glass systems, does not compromise rocker or tail flex
- Available in 0, 5 & 9 degree to fit all bottom contours
- Cuts down manufacturing time
The new genuine FCS X-2 plugs are now available worldwide and will completely replace the current X2 plug.
Check out the full FCS X-2 details.